The Craziness of Lethal Weapon

lethal weapon review

By now everyone should have seen or atleast heard of the Lethal Weapon movies (Starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover). If not, hope you'll check them out.

Anyway, years after the movies, they finally created a Lethal Weapon TV series. Yay! I'm saying yay because I love these buddy cop comedy action type shows.

I've watched and followed this series week after week when it first came out 18 episodes ago and was not disappointed. It's a fun, action filled TV series and these characters are awesome.

Martin Riggs (crazy good cop played by Clayne Crawford) lost his wife and unborn child in a tragic car accident. He was partnered up with Roger Murtaugh (good cop played by Damon Wayans), a family man who just survived a heart attack.

One can't help but feel for these characters. We see how their partnership helps Riggs heal and he sort of becomes part of Murtaugh's family.

Unfortunately Riggs is a little careless with his life after loosing everything. That makes for a lot of unpredictable crazy behaviour, like daring Mr. bank robber to shoot him, jumping off a building and taking his partner with (they ended up in a garbage bin full off nails! Ouch!). The unpredictability of this character is what makes it such a fun watch.

Riggs gets a bit more stable as the episodes continue with the help of Murtaugh and his police department psychologist Maureen (Jordana Brewster), but the craziness never stops. Those who love the comedy action genre should check this one out if you haven't yet.

It's light and not too heavy with the emotional stuff. The dynamic between these two characters and the constant back and forth arguing over everything is hilarious to watch.

My Rating System
*         Turn it off! My eyes! My eyes! 
**       I can't look away and it's not good at all 
***     It's good but not consistent 
****   Really good! Go ahead and watch it or else FOMO will decent upon you
***** Wow!! I need to watch this all day, every day!

My Rating

**** I'll give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

It's on my weekly watch list and I look forward to watching the next episode every week. Season one ended at episode 18, but luckily it has already been renewed for season 2 by Fox networks. A well deserved renewal. I'm a big fan of Damon Wayans and Clayne as Riggs makes for some awesome television.

Have you watched Lethal Weapon yet? What do you think about the show?

Pic credit: FOX promotional image

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us Here!!!