The Sillyness Of Trial And Error

Trial and Error review

Hello fellow binge watchers!

I'm trying out a new greeting. Next week I might say hello blah blah. I'm open to suggestions. This week I wanted to make a list of the sitcoms I watch during the week.

While compiling my list, I came across a new 30 min sitcom called Trial and Error (or is it 20 min?). I wanted to add it to the  list, but unlike the other sitcoms that I can't really review individually because there's not a lot to say, this one is a little different. I'll post my list next week, maybe. It can wait. Today I need to write about Trial and Error.

Trial and Error follows the murder trial of Larry Henderson (John Lithgow) who is accused of murdering his wife Margaret. His wife's brother  hires a defence team to proof Larry's innocence. That's when we meet some interesting characters with the weirdest personalities.

First there's Josh ( Nick Dagosto), Larry's inexperienced lawyer that has never tried a murder case before. The prosecutor Carol Ann (Jayma Mays) who is hell bent on seeing Larry  'fry' or make sure he gets a 'death by bear' sentence so that she can prove herself worthy of becoming the next District Attorney.

Ann Trial and Error review
Ann's drawing of someone she saw.
Then there's Dwayne (Steven Boyer) the investigator who has a fear of closed toilet doors. Josh's assistant/researcher Ann (Sherri Shepherd) suffers from multiple mental illnesses like facial amnesia, fainting when she sees beautiful things and laughing uncontrollably when she hears sad news. Yep!

Not forgetting Larry who's trying his best to look innocent, but is labeled  'wife murderer' all over town. He's not making it easy for his defence team, but they believe he's innocent even though nobody else does. He has a cute dog too and a daughter that's way too normal. His defence team is clueless and we'll probably see Larry fry.  Sorry Larry. Not sure how you're getting out of this one.

Theories of the murder plus lunch orders
Thank you NBC for giving me/us this sitcom/mockumentary. Oh I forgot to tell you it's in a single camera format. Similar to The Office, we see little interviews in between an episode where each character shares what's been going on. 

My Rating System
*         Turn it off! My eyes! My eyes! 
**       I can't look away and it's not good at all 
***     It's good but not consistent 
****   Really good! Go ahead and watch it or else FOMO will decent upon you
***** Wow!! I need to watch this all day, every day!

My Rating

***** I'll give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

I couldn't stop laughing while watching this show. It might be the best new sitcom I've seen in a very long time. That's the reason why it couldn't go on the list. It needed its own little spotlight.

Who's up for a dose of sillyness? Have you watched Trial and Error yet?

Pic credit: NBC promotional image and pics I screenshot and edited while watching NBC's Trial and Error.

NB: I'm testing out one of Blogger's new themes. Hope it's easy to navigate. If it's too difficult, let me know and I'll switch back to the old one.  There's three little stripes on the left to view my sidebar. 
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow Us Here!!!